YEARS DOWN THE LANE

 On this wide shore , I stand

Holding hands of my glad

Her gracious smile, to my eyes

Gives me a million dreams as prize.

 

Those softest hands that cradled me,

In the cutest sail of mine,

Never did I ever know,

For life always had to move on.

 

In the hazy paths I rod,

Turning away pages abroad.

You showed me a lighted course,

For this soul is what you drew.

 

Every step I took till then,

Those little lamps were always lit.

Those were the lights for heart ,I learnt

In this playful steps of my climb.

 

Through the blossoms and through the glows,

Through the rocks and through the rash,

You held my hand forever strong,

To make my moves forever bold.

 

As I rowed to the farthest place,

You retuned the songs I sang.

For you knew then, your sail would stop,

Leaving just tear drops for myself.

 

Then you chose a rose for me,

To plant in my paradise, see

Is a precious gift that you beaded here,

For the fragrance being ever there.

 

Mom, I treasure those little touch,

Those sweetest smiles and brightest paths.

For those are the bricks of my core,

Where I built my richest mind.

 

And Thank You for this pretty gift,

A choice that was always swift.

This pretty one, I hold tight

Forever, she would be my precious half.



Comments

Popular Posts