AIEDE - MEMOIRE


One day you shall feel my flesh,

To know I'm gone, all too far

What was warm, now cold and clam.



Breath that once filled your heart,

With love and dreams, sweet as honey

Would have silenced to an endless age. 



Eyes that once glittered dating yours,

With tales and songs of coal and ice,

Would have sealed forever and evermore. 



One day you might steam and regret,

To have left all my questions ignored,

Longing you could respond now and all.



Mornings with a coffee mug and rain,

Will revive the memory of the hottest scent

Dreaming of holding those hands, now frost and frigid.



One day you will yell my name full throat,

Wishing a response with all your soul

Only to know I'm hidden in the frost and dark.



One day you will ask me to wait,

Too busy that you over look a response

Only to know this wait has gone far too long.



One day you will know mending a heart

A broken one, was never an easy task

In the loneliest hours of the night or day.



One day you will reach for a paper and pen

To write through your heart or it burst

Just wishing it would reach me, crossing miles.



One day when your soul is drenched,

With deepest regrets and all time pain,

Then hold your paper to a candle's flame,



The smoke might reach my dwelling heart

And ashes, as a symbol, yet remain

Of words left unsaid and promises kept away.



- Dr. Ammu Gopinath




Comments

Popular Posts