Every life is precious!

 Something I have endured lately, is no matter what any one else says, animals are indeed the most loving, genuine and innocent creatures in the world. 

Growing in a nuclear family with no other siblings meant loneliness for most of my childhood. But thanks to my parents who loved to have pets at home. Ever since a toddler age, I always had the 4 paws running around home keeping the joy and liveliness in my life. Hence love for dogs, I believe came from my parents. I just love them for their purity of souls. It is so easy around them; they sense your emotions like no humans can. They just love you for what you are, no judgments & no complaints. They will never leave you until the death calls! 

But as many of you know, humans aren't that way. They leave you for their own selfish motives, or when they need a 'fake' break only to never come back. Humans are given the fortune to speak, hence they utilize it for the worst of everything, from giving fake hopes and promises to destroying another human, both mentally and physically. So unfortunate right? I always wondered how would it be if dogs could speak? They would hate humans for calling all "asshole" humans as dogs! Seriously, what a metaphor? How can we compare them to unworthy humans?!

So, coming to the point after beating around the bush for around 2 paragraphs, I just thought of sharing a small rescue mission I had undertaken few days back.

Here in Manipal, there are a lot of stray dogs, and the new generation humans take care of most of them so well, from feeding to bathing to name whatsoever, hence most of them leads a luxurious life here. 

We too have our set of strays under our apartment, Julie and her kidd as we have named them. She wags her tail when she sees most of us and literally guards the entire apartment. She is fed by my family and many other youngsters here. This pretty tiny soul delivered lately between tight and thick shrubs close to our apartment. She guarded her kids with utmost care that none of us could reach them through the shrubs. But every now and then Julie used to come out of the shrubs to get some food and water, hurting herself head to toe by the thorns and sharp leaves of the shrubs. Every humans noticed both agony as well as  perseverance, care and dedication she took to safe guard her kids. 

One such day, last week, she had come out of the shrubs during her breakfast time, only to know her kids missing from where she had left them. She began crying and howling so loudly that the entire apartment noticed some mishap. It went on for almost half an hour, which made me restless and anxious. So I decided to go and check out what the matter was. One of her dearest aunties was already standing facing the shrubs wondering what the issue was. As soon as she saw me, she ran to me, to share her agony. Only then we noticed the cry of her babies amongst the thick shrubs. They had some how changed their position in her absence and now Julie was unable to reach them through the shrubs. The kids got scared probably why they were also crying. We decided to rescue them some how. Aunty had a large billhook with which both of us struggled to reach the puppies. Most of the thorns struck my legs and hands giving me a lot of abrasions. Even with a previously sprained neck and hurting wounds, I was still determined to find the puppies. 

We had girls from top floor balconies who guided us to the probable site where the puppies were stuck. After strenuous and really scary scuffle we finally found the puppies between shrubs, stuck under the rocks. Four cute little ones! Julie almost swiftly went to them and fed them milk! It was a blessing and we were spellbound to watch the reunion, almost bringing tears of pleasure, pride, happiness, content and satisfaction in all of us who watched them. Julie came back to us after settling her kids to show her gratitude for helping her reach her kids.

Mother is nature. Be it humans, animals or any living creature, their only priority beyond their own life would be to love their kids. For once in my own life, the phobia for snakes, hypersensitivity to shrub pollens or hurting abrasions didn't pull me back, because all I wanted was saving those tiny lives. 

After all I'm a mother myself!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts